Youth and Family Services
Odyssey House Youth & Family Services provides outreach and centre-based programs and services to young people aged 12 to 24 and their families. Odyssey House Victoria is committed to child safety and is a child safe organisation.
On this page
About the program
The service aims to reduce a young person’s alcohol or other drug use and to minimise harm caused by use. The program also helps participants to manage other problems like mental health, education, family and legal issues.
Participation in the program is voluntary and individuals wanting assistance can self refer. The program also takes referrals from the criminal justice system through ACSO (Australian Community Support Organisation).
Our youth and family services include
- Youth alcohol and other drug counselling: where young people can discuss their issues and concerns in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
- Dual diagnosis counselling: a counselling service for young people suffering from mental health and drug and alcohol issues, delivered in partnership with headspace Elsternwick and Bentleigh.
- Family alcohol and other drug counselling: where families can gain an understanding of one another’s issues and work towards a group resolution.
- Outreach: Assertive follow-up and counselling with at-risk young people.
- The Odyssey Camp Out: An annual camp to provide at-risk young people with respite, life-skills training and meaningful life experiences.
- Building Resilience in Schools: A holistic program that places a youth clinician at schools to provide youth and family counselling, support, referral, drug education, secondary consultation and staff professional development.
Our partners include
- Box Hill Institute
- The St Kilda Crisis Centre
- The Prahran Health and Wellbeing Hub
- The Education Engagement Partnership
- Stonnington Youth Services
- Caulfield Park Community School
- Sydney Rd Community School
- Lynall Hall Community School
- Mount Alexander College
- Taylor’s Lakes Secondary College
- Melton Secondary College
- The Community and Learning Melton school (CALM)
- City of Melton
- Onward Athletics
When appropriate, Odyssey House Victoria also refers young people to a number of its partner organisations, for additional support or treatment.