About the program
The Discovery Program supports participants and their families to address problematic alcohol and other drug (AOD) use. The program runs a series of activities and groups to assist participants to change their behaviours and gain skills to help reduce or cease problematic alcohol or other drug use. Participants are supported in establishing healthier relationships and lifestyles.
Discovery runs a series of therapeutic sessions which include Emotional Regulation, Relapse Prevention, Self-compassion/self-care sessions, which are then complimented with daily activities to practice these skills.
The program runs a face-to-face 5-week program and a modified 3-week program via zoom.
Both face-to-face and online programs run Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday starting at 10am.
Prospective participants are required to attend a pre-program screening session one week prior to the start of the program.
- 5-week non-residential day rehabilitation program or 3-week online
- cognitive and behavioural therapies
- case planning
- enhancing individual’s motivation to change
- life and self-management skills.
Post program Support:
- Referrals to continued recovery supports
- Post program groups (when enough interest).
Therapeutic and evidence based modules:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapies and psycho-education
- emotional regulation
- relapse prevention
- harm reduction strategies
- group therapy sessions
Life skills development:
- planned outings
- social activities
- community connections
- healthy living.
- completed a current AOD Initial Self Screener and Comprehensive Assessment
- willing and able to participate in a 5 week group program, Monday to Friday
- committed to reducing substance misuse and able to participate in program activities
- stable housing (i.e. housing that permits them to be able to maintain their attendance).
Email or fax current assessments and any other relevant documents through to DiscoveryIntake@odyssey.org.au. Acknowledgment receipts are emailed or faxed to referrer (see contact information below).
Initial contact with Intake is recommended to ensure appropriateness of referral. Participants cannot attend the program if substance affected and unable to engage in the program activities or are a risk to other participants.
Contact Discovery Program
Office: (03) 9731 2500
Intake & Assessments: 1800 700 514