- Work within a partnership of two leading AOD Community Services Organisations in Victoria
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Make a difference to people’s lives in a client facing role
- $58,683 to $64,033 (neg), plus super, 17.5% leave loading and salary packaging benefits
What we give YOU!
We are committed to creating an inclusive and transparent workplace culture where our people can develop to be their very best. We believe in giving people real flexibility in their work. Our Workplace Flexibility policy enables our staff to be great at work, and great at home too! OHV employees have access to generous employee benefits including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum
- Flexible work arrangements including 48/52 purchased leave
- A vast array of training and professional development opportunities
- A broad range of training dependent on need, experience in this and other residential services
- Access to regular clinical supervision and mentoring
Who are we looking for?
Odyssey House is delighted to be able to offer this supporting role within the therapy team. We are looking for a passionate individual seeking a career in drug and alcohol with commitment to undertake AOD study whilst in this role where no such qualifications are held. Those with a lived experience of substance use with successful treatment will be beneficial to this role. The individual will be committed to supporting clients in residential treatment to establish healthier lifestyles free of problematic AOD use and have the ability to role model the benefits of an improved sober lifestyle can bring.
The position is offered as full-time with the flexibility option of part time work available at 0.8 FTE. This is a maximum term contract from 3 January 2022 to 30 June 2024, with possibility of extension if funding allows. The position is based at Gateway Health in Wangaratta reporting to the Program Manager, Gateway Health.
The Therapeutic Community Treatment Worker contributes to the life of the TC environment by assisting in the resident admissions process and supporting the AOD staff team in the delivery of individual and group therapy, and case management to clients for the duration of their journey within the Gateway Health residential program.
A day in the life of this position includes: supporting AOD Therapists in conducting client planning groups to develop individual recovery plans (IRPs), contributing to therapy team reviews, case reviews and other staff meetings, supporting AOD Therapists in planning, implementing and/or facilitating other treatment activities such as communiqués, action meetings and special activities and assisting in the appropriate referral and conjoint treatment of clients with specific or specialist needs and in the development of appropriate inter-agency protocols.
To be successful in this role you will need to display the following:
- 1. Interest and commitment in commencing study of AOD competencies.
- 2. Ability to engage clients in dialogue and develop a therapeutic relationship.
- 3. Ability to work with difficult and demanding clients.
- 4. Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, be open to giving and receiving feedback, and recognise and resolve interpersonal conflict.
- 5. Strong organisational and well developed interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with a consultative approach to addressing issues.
- 6. Ability to effectively liaise and communicate with a wide variety of individuals at various levels.
OHV and Gateway Health are committed to child safety and they are both child safe organisations. All employees must undergo Police Records and Working with Children Checks. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment. For more information, please download our safety screening information.
Download the full position description before applying. This document contains key selection criteria that you will need to respond to in your cover letter. Applications will only be accepted via the application link below. Please do not apply via recruitment websites or via email.
Please remember to address your application to Eric Allan, Executive Manager Residential Services, and include your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 8 December 2021.
All Odyssey House Victoria sites are smoke free for all employees
Mandatory COVID vaccinations
Due to recent Victorian Government mandatory vaccination requirements for the health industry, all Odyssey House Victoria and Gateway Health staff effective 15 October 2021 are required to hold full vaccination status. Evidence of full vaccination status will be requested during the onboarding process.