- Leading AOD Community Services Organisation
- Work within a culture committed to supporting a dedicated values-led workforce
- Make a difference to people’s lives in a client facing role
- $75,656 to $81,404, negotiable, plus super, 17.5% leave loading and salary packaging benefits
What we give YOU!
We are committed to creating an inclusive and transparent workplace culture where our people can develop to be their very best. We believe in giving people real flexibility in their work. Our Workplace Flexibility policy enables our staff to be great at work, and great at home too! OHV employees have access to generous employee benefits including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum
- Flexible work arrangements including 48/52 purchased leave
- A vast array of training and professional development opportunities
- A progressive workplace culture committed to making your workplace experience an engaging and rewarding one
Who we are looking for
We are looking for individuals with high quality transferable harm minimisation, case management and brief intervention skills or those with experience in AOD work. Odyssey House acknowledges the challenges of working intensively with complex clients and will provide training and structured support to the team. We are looking for experienced skilled, driven, and compassionate people who want to excel in their chosen career and genuinely care about their community. We are interested in discussing how you may be able to use your skills and experience within Odyssey House Victoria. We want to attract the best possible people whose values align strongly with those of Odyssey House. Are you willing to work together to make a difference to someone’s life?
The position is offered as a full time, maximum term contract to 30 June 2023, with the possibility of extension if funding allows. The role is based at the NW AOD office located in Footscray and will cover off on the NW and SW catchments.
This position offers targeted services to identify and provide intensive support to people at a higher risk of harms associated with fatal and non-fatal AOD overdoses, by preparing people for and keeping them engaged in treatment and reducing their risks. The position reports to the Outreach Coordinator.
A day in the life of this position includes: undertaking outreach, completing referrals, working collaboratively with clients to develop treatment plans and goals, case notes, care team meetings, consultation with the outreach coordinator, attending clinical review meetings and other relevant meetings.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Possess a relevant health and or welfare tertiary qualification e.g., in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health Sciences or working towards completion of relevant qualification.
- Possess well-developed planning and organisational skills.
- Be approachable and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Be a team player who is supportive of your colleagues.
- Be driven by your moral values, which will be aligned to those of Odyssey House.
OHV is committed to child safety and is a child safe organisation. All OHV employees must undergo Police Records and Working with Children Checks. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with us. For more information, please download our safety screening information.
Download the full position description before applying. This document contains key selection criteria that you will need to respond to in your cover letter. Applications will only be accepted via the application link below. Please do not apply via recruitment websites or via email.
Please remember to address your application to Patrick Birtles, Outreach Coordinator, and include your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications close at 5pm, Thursday 23 September 2021. If you have any questions relating to the position, please contact Patrick Birtles on 0466 852 494, or at email@example.comAll Odyssey House Victoria sites are smoke free for all employees