- Leading AOD Community Services Organisation
- Work within a culture committed to supporting a dedicated values-led workforce
- Make a difference to people’s lives in a client facing role
- Above award salary for Educational Services Award General Staff Level 7 role
- Plus, super, 17.5% leave loading and salary packaging benefits
What we give YOU!
We are committed to creating an inclusive and transparent workplace culture where our people can develop to be their very best. We believe in giving people real flexibility in their work. Our Workplace Flexibility policy enables our staff to be great at work, and great at home too! OHV employees have access to generous employee benefits including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum
- Flexible work arrangements including 48/52 purchased leave
- A vast array of training and professional development opportunities
- A progressive workplace culture committed to making your workplace experience an engaging and rewarding one
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a motivated and passionate AOD professional who wants to extend and share their own capabilities through driving the development of programs to raise the awareness and create change in AOD workforce capability. This role provides the opportunity for the right person to drive and have input into the creation of a range of workforce development programs covering critical areas of need such as recognising and responding to risk of family violence, the early signs of child sexual abuse and other priority areas of AOD workforce development need. This role provides the opportunity to make a positive difference indirectly but effectively to our community and someone’s life, through sharing their expertise and know-how and to enhance the awareness of the diverse AOD workforce.
The position is offered as a maximum term contract to 31 March 2023. The position is based at Footscray.
The key purpose of the position is to project manage and synthesise the skills of a team of subject matter and learning development experts in the development of key AOD workforce development programs mentioned above.
A day in the life of this position includes: collaborating with internal and external stakeholders and agents, drawing on and synthesising the distinct and critical skills and knowledge of others to manage the achievement of a range of project deliverables. The project deliverables are a range of engaging learning and program materials and strategies targeting the AOD workforce.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Possess a relevant health and or welfare tertiary qualification e.g., in Business, Human Resources, Social Work, Psychology, Allied Health Sciences or working towards completion of relevant qualification
- Possess well-developed planning and organisational skills.
- Be approachable and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Be a team player who is supportive of your colleagues.
- Be driven by your moral values, which will be aligned to those of Odyssey House.
OHV is committed to child safety and is a child safe organisation. All OHV employees must undergo Police Records and Working with Children Checks. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with us. For more information, please download our safety screening information.
Download the full position description before applying. This document contains key selection criteria that you will need to respond to in your cover letter. Applications will only be accepted via the application link below. Please do not apply via recruitment websites or via email.
Please remember to address your application to Carol Williams, Manager Odyssey Institute, and include your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday, 20 October 2021. If you have any questions relating to the position, please contact Carol Williams on 0438 048 843, or at email@example.com
All Odyssey House Victoria sites are smoke free for all employees
Due to recent Victorian Government mandatory vaccination requirements for the health industry, all Odyssey House Victoria staff effective 15 October 2021 are required to hold full vaccination status. Evidence of full vaccination status will be requested during the onboarding process.