- Leading AOD Community Services Organisation
- Progressive Workplace Flexibility options
- Make a difference to people’s lives in a client facing role
- $72,304 to $75,592 plus super, 17.5% leave loading and salary packaging benefits
What we give YOU!
We are committed to creating an inclusive and transparent workplace culture where our people can develop to be their very best. We believe in giving people real flexibility in their work. Our Workplace Flexibility policy enables our staff to be great at work, and great at home too! OHV employees have access to generous employee benefits including:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum
- Flexible work arrangements including 48/52 purchased leave
- A vast array of training and professional development opportunities
- A progressive workplace culture committed to making your workplace experience an engaging and rewarding one
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a skilled, empathetic and highly motivated Nurse / AOD professional to foster the therapeutic community process of mutual self-help recovery, engaging the combined functions and activities of the facilitator, the counselor, and the role model. Are you willing to work together to make a difference to someone’s life?
The position is offered as a full time, maximum term contract to 30 June 2023, with possibility of extension if funding allows. The role is based at the Therapeutic Community in Lower Plenty.
The key purpose of the position is to support the Senior Therapists and Medical team in maintaining programs and standards, engage with clinical best practice, and participate in therapeutic community values amongst the staff group, residents and their families.
A day in the life of this position includes contributing to the life of the therapeutic community (TC) by liaising closely with residents, engaging with other staff, developing your understanding and decision making and by providing individual and group therapy, and case management to foster safe, therapeutic relationships within an atmosphere of mutual acceptance and harmony. You will also be involved with working with the medical team to provide a supportive environment to allow residents to have their primary health care needs met.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Possess a Bachelor of Nursing along with registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Possess well-developed planning and organisational skills.
- Be approachable and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Be a team player who is supportive of your colleagues.
- Be driven by your moral values, which will be aligned to those of Odyssey House.
OHV is committed to child safety and is a child safe organisation. All OHV employees must undergo Police Records and Working with Children Checks. Any person issued with a negative notice on their Working with Children Check will not be eligible for employment with us. For more information, please download our safety screening information.
Download the full position description before applying. This document contains key selection criteria that you will need to respond to in your cover letter. Applications will only be accepted via the application link below. Please do not apply via recruitment websites or via email.
Please remember to address your application to Tim Flora, Program Manager Lower Plenty, including your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria. Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 20 October 2021. If you have any questions relating to the position, please contact Tim Flora on 03 9430 1835, or at email@example.com
All Odyssey House Victoria sites are smoke free for all employees
Due to recent Victorian Government mandatory vaccination requirements for the health industry, all Odyssey House Victoria staff effective 15 October 2021 are required to hold full vaccination status. Evidence of full vaccination status will be requested during the onboarding process.