As a client of Odyssey House Victoria,
you have the right to:
Be treated with dignity, respect and without discrimination
Quality professional care based on recognised standards and determined by your needs
Be given clear information about all parts of the services and treatment provided
Be involved in decision-making about your care
Consent or refuse services or treatment; Include or exclude any person in your care (including family members, carer or advocate)
*This may not apply to clients under the age of 16.
Access your personal health records and have confidentiality guaranteed.
you have the responsibility to:
- Treat staff and others with respect, including respecting others’ privacy
- Contribute to an environment that is safe and supportive
- Provide, to the best of your ability, information to assist your treatment
- Participate in your service or treatment and ask questions.
As an Aboriginal client of Odyssey House Victoria,
In all our work we will support and create opportunities for Aboriginal clients to enjoy their identity and culture. Aboriginal people hold distinct cultural rights as stated in Victoria’s Charter of Human Rights (section 19.2), including the rights to:
- Maintain and use language
- Maintain kinship ties
- Maintain distinctive spiritual, material and economic relationship with the land and waters and other resources with which there is a connection under traditional laws and customs.
Odyssey House Victoria is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal and health information. The way in which we collect, store, use, release and delete any information about you follows Victorian and Australian laws relating to confidentiality and privacy.
Compliments, suggestions and complaints
Odyssey House Victoria appreciates all feedback about the services we provide. Your feedback assists our ongoing service improvement. There are multiple methods to submit feedback:
- talk to a staff member directly involved in your care, the person in charge of the program or the relevant Executive Manager
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call our head office on 03 9420 7600
- use the feedback form below
You can also contact the CEO at:
Chief Executive Officer
Odyssey House Victoria
660 Bridge Road
Richmond Vic 3121