Rights and Responsibilities
As a client of Odyssey House Victoria,
you have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity, respect and without discrimination
- Quality professional care based on recognised standards and determined by your needs
- Be given clear information on all aspects of services and treatment provided
- Be involved in decision-making about your care
- Consent or refuse services or treatment Include or exclude any person in your care (including family members, carer or advocate)
- Access your personal health records and have confidentiality ensured.
you have the responsibility to:
- Treat staff and others with respect, including respecting others privacy
- Contribute to an environment that is safe and supportive
- Provide, to the best of your ability, information to assist your treatment
- Participate in your service or treatment and ask questions.
As an Aboriginal client of Odyssey House Victoria,
Victoria’s Charter of Human Rights (section 19.2) states that Aboriginal people hold distinct cultural rights and must not be denied the right to:
- Enjoy their identity and culture
- Maintain and use their language
- Maintain their kinship ties
- Maintain their distinctive spiritual, material and economic relationship with the land and waters and other resources with which they have a connection under traditional laws and customs.
Odyssey House Victoria is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal and health information. The way in which we collect, store, use, release and delete any information about you follows Victorian and Australian laws relating to confidentiality and privacy.
Compliments, Comments, Concerns and Complaints
Odyssey House Victoria appreciates all feedback about the services we provide. Your feedback assists our on-going quality improvement.
You can provide feedback by talking to a staff member directly involved in your care, the person in charge of the program or by contacting the relevant Executive Manager.
You can also contact the CEO at:
Chief Executive Officer
Odyssey House Victoria
660 Bridge Road
Richmond Vic 3121
For more information on how to provide feedback, you can call our head office on 03 9420 7600.
Or you can leave your feedback with the following form.
If you are unhappy with the outcome you can make a complaint about any Victorian health service provider, by contacting the Health Complaints Commissioner (HCC):